Most recent episodes
Amy Jo is the author of New York Times best-seller Renegades Write the Rules, and host of the Why Not Now? podcast. She founded Digital Royalty in 2009 to help corporations, celebrities and sports entities humanize their brands online through social communication channels. Amy Jo has worked closely with world-renowned brands such as Hilton Worldwide, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal to successfully humanize their presence. Her motto: humans connect with humans, not logos.
Amy Jo herself was named the third most powerful woman on Twitter by Forbes. Amy Jo believes the future of technology is the future of humanity. After a successful seven-year run as the Founder & CEO of Digital Royalty and growing the business globally into ten different countries, Amy Jo recently exited the company.
As a young female building her career in male-centric industries, Amy Jo has developed a passion for helping women thrive in business leadership. She is currently spending her time researching the relationship between technology and humanity. She is also investing in other female entrepreneurs so they can reach their full potential.
Read Amy Jo’s full bio here
- Tim and Megan discuss Amy Jo’s authenticity and renegade status
- Amy Jo and Tim’s shared love of hats and the story behind the “crown” in Amy Jo’s brand
- Pros and cons of being “addicted to change” or “shiny object syndrome”
- When to stay in your swim lane can and when to navigate out
- Value in curiosity, fresh eyes and differing perspectives for innovation
- Feeling a need to prove oneself
- Value exchange that occurs when women have strong male mentors
- Companies with female leadership tend to perform better overall
- Solution-driven steps are needed to see progress in closing gender gap: focus on young girls, parents and men in positions of power
- Amy Jo’s work with young girls and their parents through a girls’ leadership conference
- Difference between worry and concern
- Conscious, unconscious and confirmation biases
- Fake it until you make it or fake it until you become it
- Importance of both earning credibility and having self-belief
- Discussion of Amy Jo’s sentiment that value rises to the top on social media
- Your thoughts don’t define who you are
- Amy Jo shares some of her own “Why not now?” moments
- Amy Jo’s desire to create positive, scalable impacts on the world
- Empathy, music, animals, sports and books
- Upcoming “Why not now?” live events!
Connect with Amy Jo Martin:
- Website: amyjomartin.com
- Twitter: AmyJoMartin
- Facebook: AmyJoMartin
- LinkedIn: amyjomartin
- Instagram: amyjomartin
- Google+: posts
Jeffrey Slayter is a positive disrupter of psyches (in a practical good way), having played the role of transformational coach and facilitator and spoken to over three million people from twelve different countries. He has shared the stage with other incredible thought leaders like Sir Richard Branson, Brian Tracy, Dr. Demartini, Frank Kern, Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins and many others.
He questions the validity of the beliefs that are holding leaders back. Having likely coached one of the coaches you’ve engaged at some point along your entrepreneurial journey, Jeffrey Slayter has a level of mastery in facilitation that will have even the most sceptical of clients melting away years of being “stuck” in debilitating patterns.
Whether you’re building a billion dollar company or about to break through to the 7 figure mark, there are some core human behaviours that Jeffrey will help you embody faster than anyone else. Some of the world’s biggest game changers, social entrepreneurs, internet marketers and consultants have reported that Jeffrey’s golden edge is to integrate “purpose with profits” in a way that brings greater meaning to the work they are doing here in the world. Jeffrey feels called here in this lifetime to support the awakening of entrepreneurs while helping them achieve even greater outcomes for their purpose, profits, people and the planet.
- Jeffrey’s love of surfing
- Value of true, authentic connections – everyone communicates but few truly connect
- Importance of being open and allowing yourself to see things from other perspectives
- Absolute most impactful transformation happens at the edge of terror and bliss
- Discussions on fear, risk and pushing the boundaries of our comfort zones
- How Jeffrey works with entrepreneurs on personal transformation
- Jeffrey’s interpretation of presence and what it means to be truly present
- Self-belief and Jeffrey’s journey to become who he is now and who he ultimately wants to be in the future
- Gratitude for life and embracing our own mystery
- Our wants can distract us from what we actually need
- Need to not get in someone’s way in finding their own clear path forward
- Asking great questions is the secret and music to life
- Importance of self-discovery and knowing your own heart as a leader
- Encouraging patience and leading people in transformation when things seem chaotic
- Different people receive things in different ways through differing perspectives
- Jeffrey’s future visions for creating sustainable communities
- What Jeffrey is most optimistic about for 2017
- Jeffrey’s upcoming book release: The Evolutionary Entrepreneur
Connect with Jeffrey:
- Website: jeffreyslayter.com
- Podcast: thejeffreyslaytershow.com
- Twitter: jeffreyslayter
- Facebook: jeffreyslayter
- LinkedIn: jeffslayter
- Instagram: jeffslayter
Kelly Kozaris is a Personal Performance and Business Confidence Coach, Speaker and Trainer dedicated to the advancement of people in business. She helps ambitious and talented people bring their purpose and passion to life through helping commercialize and market their zone of genius. Kelly also helps people get into alignment in their work, and lead with confidence through developing, enhancing and accelerating their brand and visibility.
In this episode Kelly shares her journey from HR to coaching. She also provides insights into the value of continuing to work on herself and find greater alignment and awareness.
- Kelly’s early career in HR and how she entered the coaching field
- How coaches and mentors were integral to Kelly’s life and career transition
- Diving in to your industry and expanding knowledge can make a tremendous positive impact in your professional growth
- How Kelly found her confidence in the male-dominated industry of Oil & Gas
- Three core things Kelly realized about herself that helped propel her forward
- The tendency of women to “fall into” careers because they are good at doing something even though the passion may not be there
- How to move through and overcome the missing link, the feeling of “What’s missing?”
- Clarifying what like to do; Realize your talents; Define where you’d like to go and what you’re passionate about; Then take these three things and marry them all together asking “What is your non-negotiable? What could you not live without doing?”
- Kelly’s journey of self-discovery: realizing areas she wanted to work on, gaining confidence and making the entrepreneurial leap
- Managing uncertainty, balancing risk and then committing to the change
- Discovering and living your “Career-Life Values”
- Embracing your true, authentic self allows you to do your best work
- Your uniqueness is a gift and it’s important to bring your magic into all that you do
- How Kelly continues to invest in herself
- Discussion around limiting beliefs and peoples’ fears of not being good enough or even the fear of being successful
- Importance of necessary endings and how to do it properly
- Having grit is central to knowing your way forward and finding success
- The three things that Kelly is optimistic about in 2017
Connect with Kelly:
- Website: http://www.kellykozaris.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KellyKozaris
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellykozaris/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KellyJKozaris
- Ebook: download via Kelly’s website
Power Player- 3 Steps to Clarity, Confidence, and Success in Business is about creating your best self through unlocking your potential and up leveling your career or business through accelerated growth. You will discover how to develop, enhance and accelerate your unique value proposition, market your brand and potential and accelerate your visibility to increase your income and impact in business.
Power Player, will help you unlock your greatness, master your mind, communicate with impact and will teach you how to position yourself with confidence. It will help you transform your reality to think boldly, take chances and build your beliefs to create an unstoppable mindset and strategy to succeed in your business or career.
It is about unlocking your magic and moving from your zone of competence to your zone of genius.
Contact us directly
- Tim Pecoraro: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Finnern: email@example.com
- Tim & Megan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uphill Conversations, 600 East North Street, Suite 103, Greenville, SC 29601
- Skype: timothyk.pecoraro