Amy Jo is the author of New York Times best-seller Renegades Write the Rules, and host of the Why Not Now? podcast. She founded Digital Royalty in 2009 to help corporations, celebrities and sports entities humanize their brands online through social communication channels. Amy Jo has worked closely with world-renowned brands such as Hilton Worldwide, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal to successfully humanize their presence. Her motto: humans connect with humans, not logos.
Amy Jo herself was named the third most powerful woman on Twitter by Forbes. Amy Jo believes the future of technology is the future of humanity. After a successful seven-year run as the Founder & CEO of Digital Royalty and growing the business globally into ten different countries, Amy Jo recently exited the company.
As a young female building her career in male-centric industries, Amy Jo has developed a passion for helping women thrive in business leadership. She is currently spending her time researching the relationship between technology and humanity. She is also investing in other female entrepreneurs so they can reach their full potential.
Read Amy Jo’s full bio here
- Tim and Megan discuss Amy Jo’s authenticity and renegade status
- Amy Jo and Tim’s shared love of hats and the story behind the “crown” in Amy Jo’s brand
- Pros and cons of being “addicted to change” or “shiny object syndrome”
- When to stay in your swim lane can and when to navigate out
- Value in curiosity, fresh eyes and differing perspectives for innovation
- Feeling a need to prove oneself
- Value exchange that occurs when women have strong male mentors
- Companies with female leadership tend to perform better overall
- Solution-driven steps are needed to see progress in closing gender gap: focus on young girls, parents and men in positions of power
- Amy Jo’s work with young girls and their parents through a girls’ leadership conference
- Difference between worry and concern
- Conscious, unconscious and confirmation biases
- Fake it until you make it or fake it until you become it
- Importance of both earning credibility and having self-belief
- Discussion of Amy Jo’s sentiment that value rises to the top on social media
- Your thoughts don’t define who you are
- Amy Jo shares some of her own “Why not now?” moments
- Amy Jo’s desire to create positive, scalable impacts on the world
- Empathy, music, animals, sports and books
- Upcoming “Why not now?” live events!
Connect with Amy Jo Martin:
- Website: amyjomartin.com
- Twitter: AmyJoMartin
- Facebook: AmyJoMartin
- LinkedIn: amyjomartin
- Instagram: amyjomartin
- Google+: posts