What are 3 signature things you tell people regarding your area of expertise?
- Food / Weight is only a SYMPTOM. Our external circumstances mirror our internal thoughts and beliefs. Change your beliefs and you’ll change your results.
- As long as we keep focusing on what we think the problem is and trying to fix it, we’ll perpetuate the addiction to the symptom. We must stop numbing out our emotions and learn to feel them to heal them.
- Choice isn’t should or shouldn’t it’s a simple YES or NO. Make choices that support how you want to feel and then move on without judgment, guilt or shame.
What is your favorite quote?
- “This life is 100% your responsibility. No one is coming to save you”
If you could offer one piece of advice, what would you tell your younger self?
- Be kind to yourself. You’re smarter than you realize and the world needs you to be you.
What are your 3 favorite books?
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- You are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Money Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
What are three nouns that describe you?
- Truth Teller & B.S. Slayer
Connect with Lisa:
- Website: www.lisacarpenter.ca
- Facebook: LisaCarpenterInc
- Twitter: @realfoodninja
- Instagram: lisacarpenterinc
Listen to Lisa Carpenter on Uphill Conversations!