In this episode, Tim and Megan have an Uphill Conversation with Shama Hyder on social media, identity and awareness. Shama is a visionary strategist for the digital age, a web and TV personality, a bestselling author, and the award-winning CEO of The Marketing Zen Group – a global online marketing and digital PR company.
Under her leadership, The Marketing Zen Group has grown an average of 400% growth annually since 2009 to include a team of 30 and serve clients ranging from publicly-held Fortune 500 companies to privately-held small businesses and nonprofit organizations across the globe. Read her full bio here.
- How Shama spends her time personally and professionally
- Shama’s suggestions on how to best use social media for business and building your personal brand – it’s finding the right blend of showcasing who you are and being strategic in what you share
- Shama considers how what she shares on social is adding value – “You should use social media, not be used by it.”
- Be an editor, not a perfectionist. It’s better to accept the imperfections and take the first step.
- True identity is something that is constantly changing
- Learn to be responsive to opportunities as they are presented
- Shift your perspective to break down challenges into smaller, more manageable chunks – approach them bit-by-bit and day-by-day.
- Importance of self-editing which ideas you choose to pursue
- Self-awareness is important for growth and balance
- You need to take breaks and take care of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally
- Shama’s optimism on growth of online video, new technologies that will improve peoples’ lives and growth of The Marketing Zen Group
Connect with Shama:
- Company Website – marketingzen.com
- Personal Website – shamahyder.com
- Facebook – facebook.com/ShamaHyderPage
- LinkedIn – linkedin.com/in/ShamaHyder/
- Twitter – @Shama
- Instagram – instagram.com/shamahyder/
- YouTube – youtube.com/user/ShamaTV