In Episode 3 of UCYP, we have an Uphill Conversation with Greenville, SC young professional Ashley Brown on the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship.
- Started out in Asheville post-college and had hard time finding a job
- Phenomenon of accidental entrepreneurship
- Greater awareness of perceived weaknesses and turning them to your advantage
- Challenges of being a young professional entrepreneur
- Importance of building a strong inner circle
- Desire for challenges to solve and solve quickly – pressure as privilege
- Taking risks to realize a dream, taking an idea into action
- Don’t overlook incredible amount of work that comes with launching a business
- Uphill Challenge in Ashley’s life has been shifting her personal priorities to align with her role as a business owner
- Sometimes you need to let go of relationships you’ve outgrown
- When you make decisions, you never know who’s watching
- Inspiration for starting GirlBossGreenville and its purpose
- Magic of bringing women together to share stories and support one another
- Don’t let your age, specifically your youth, be your barrier
- Ashley shares advice she’d give to YPs starting out
- Importance of making true connections and being present with others
Connect with Ashley:
- Ashely Brown Strategy Website
- Ashley Brown Strategy Facebook Page
- Ashley’s Personal Facebook
- GirlBossGreenville Group
Influences in Ashley’s life:
26 year old Greenville native Ashley Brown is founder of #GirlBossGreenville and owner of Ashley Brown Strategy. “I knew that I owed it to myself to at least try, “ She says in referring to the decision to go full-time into entrepreneurship. In the past year she has launched 2 LLC’s, 1 not for profit women’s group (GirlBossGreenville) and is launching her third business in July. Her favorite part of owning a business in Greenville has been onboarding her five employees and watching them grow.
When Ashley isn’t working, she’s in the mountains or splashing in a stream. She’s happiest in the sunshine reading an old paperback novel and eating mac and cheese coated with Franks Hot Sauce.
© 2017 UCYP Theme written and arranged by Luke Pecoraro all rights reserved.
© 2017 UCYP (Uphill Conversations Young Professionals) (UCYP is an Uphill Strategies, LLC production)