In this episode, Tim and Megan have an Uphill Conversation with Dr. Neeta Bhushan on empathy-based solutions and emotional GRIT.
Neeta Bhushan is an Emotional Health Educator and Executive Performance Coach to global leaders and CEOs as well as thousands of women from all walks of life . She’s written a best-selling book called Emotional GRIT: 8 Steps to Master Your Emotions, Transform Your Thoughts and Change Your World and the co-author of The Book of Coaching: For Extraordinary Coaches.
- What Neeta means by “empathy-based solutions”
- Neeta’s journey around the world to understand that leadership means leading from true human connection
- Need for authenticity and vulnerability in order to build trust
- We are actually taught to have a mask in business and many professions
- Natural tendency for humans to go towards defense and use the Ego as protection
- Would you rather be hurt or be hard?
- What if we started with self-awareness?
- “What you resist persists”
- Once you accept where you are, you can begin making decisions towards where you want to be and who you want to be
- Feeling as though we must please everyone around us to the detriment of ourselves
- Emotional GRIT is really a process of tapping into your emotional resilience in 4 stages described by Neeta (Growing, Revealing, Innovating, Transforming)
Connect with Neeta:
- Website: neetabhushan.com
- LinkedIn: in/drneetabhushan
- Twitter: @NeetaBhushan
- Facebook: @neetabhushan1111
- Instagram: @neetabhushan
- YouTube: Neeta Bhushan
- Emotional GRIT, Dr. Neeta F. Bhushan
INTRO AND OUTRO MUSIC (Used by permission):
Dreams Groove (© 2017 Tim Pecoraro)
Straight Drive (© 2017 Tim Pecoraro)
Uphill Conversations is an Uphill Strategies, LLC production
© 2017 Uphill Conversations