What are the signature things you tell people regarding your area of expertise?
- Whether you like it or not, in every moment you are choosing who you want to be and how you want to live your life.
- The circumstances you confront do not determine the reality you experience–how those circumstances manifest themselves in your life is entirely within your control.
- Give freely of yourself, expecting no reward, and you will reap unexpected rewards, the important kind.
What is your favorite quote?
- “Worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
If you could offer one piece of advice, what would you tell your younger self?
- “Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.” Max Ehrmann’s “Desiderata.” (I love the entire poem!)
What are your 3 favorite books?
- Too hard to pick only three–I love books! Everything John le Carré has written, James Clavell’s Asian Saga series, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, Susan Cain’s Quiet, Stephen King’s On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft (nonfiction), Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, all of David McCullough’s biographies and histories, and a million other books I’m forgetting to mention!
What are nouns that describe you?
Connect with Isaac:
- Website: Lidsky.com
- Instagram: isaaclidsky
- Facebook: @IsaacLidsky
- LinkedIn: Isaac Lidsky
- Twitter: @isaaclidsky