What are 3 signature things you tell people regarding your area of expertise?
- I teach women the step-by-step process of product innovation. I give advice every step of the way and in return saving them thousands of dollars in attorney fees. Example: Before you even decide to move forward with a patent, it’s essential to first evaluate your idea as a viable business and if it can actually work.
- You must know and understand your product, your target market and your competition as best you can. Key word is RESEARCH! This goes far beyond gut feelings and the encouragement of friends and family. You can’t fall in love with a product or idea unless you can make sure it is viable. It has to be based on solid market research and attention to product development.
- You could spend crazy amounts of money, time and energy to secure a patent only to find out, much later, that there’s no interest for it in the real-world and marketplace. By then, you’ve not only lost a significant amount of money, you’ve also reached a dead end.
What is your favorite quote?
- “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.”
If you could offer one piece of advice, what would you tell your younger self?
- Don’t get married too early, I feel when you are really young you need to experience life to know who you are – and that takes time. You must know and grow yourself first before you can share your whole self with another human being.
What are your 3 favorite books (any genre!)?
- The Art Of The Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
What are three nouns that describe you?
Connect with Melissa:
- Website: GoGirlInnovation.com
- Facebook: Gogirlinnovation
- Pinterest: gogirlinnovation
- Instagram: melissaknaus95
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org